Sentences for clutching. Journalists, people who enjoy word games, & those learning a new language may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use clutching in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for clutching.
- And at that thought she ceased clutching at the bracken stalks, lying as still as the very stones around her. (8)
- Clutching the bed-rail, Winifred reached up and turned the switch of the light hanging above her dressing-table. (8)
- He rose and stood a moment clutching the window-sill, to give him a sense of reality again; then began tiptoeing towards the door. (8)
- He spoke of you with tears, clutching my hand. (10)
- Porfer as she sat motionless at the foot of the tree, her head dropped forward, her fingers clutching a crushed photograph. (1)
- She denied that she was defiant: upon which he accused the hand in her bosom of clutching a dagger. (10)
- The hand in which he held his sword trembled; the other moved automatically, clutching at various parts of his clothing. (1)
- The ship had gone down, and they were clutching at anything that for a moment would help to keep them above water. (8)
- Then came a chillness, a faint clutching over the heart. (8)
- There was nothing to support him; he had unconsciously moved upon his enemy, clutching the heavy knife that he had drawn from his belt. (1)
- Unconscious of me, her brown fingers clutching at mine, she flung up her nostrils, craving air. (10)
- Why, then, this icy clutching at his heart? (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for clutching. Perhaps also see a sentence for candlesticks and ways to use cloaked in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use clutching in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.