A sentence for the word replies. ESL students, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use replies in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for replies.
- But the pain lay in my having now and then to utter replies. (10)
- He scarcely dares even allow her to be handsome, and when I speak of her beauty, replies only that her eyes have no brilliancy! (4)
- Jack replies with full particulars of her own proceedings, and mild corrections of her grammar. (10)
- She hazarded the briefest replies for fear of not having understood him. (10)
- She listened reluctantly, and her replies were short. (4)
- The priest asked me many questions as to the contemptible faith of my fathers, and received my replies with a kind of ecclesiastical titter. (2)
- Thought of the briefest of replies was a mountain of effort, and she moaned at her nervelessness in body and mind. (10)
- With a beautiful confidence it put the few familiar questions to him, and nodded to his replies: then stamped the bond, and took the fee. (10)
- You may guess at his replies. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for replies. Perhaps also see a sentence for rightly and ways to use respectfully in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use replies in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.