Adrift example sentence. English majors, readers, and those who would like to gain additional insight into the meaning of words might especially like this page. The lines of text below use adrift in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for adrift.
- If he cannot rely on definite values of property, his compass is amiss; he is adrift upon bitter waters without a helm. (8)
- If otherwise, she was to interdict the visit with as little delay as possible and cut him adrift. (10)
- Pasmer, feeling herself getting hopelessly adrift in these unknown waters; but reposing a pious confidence in her pilot. (9)
- Set me adrift, and I drink hard. (10)
- The lover who cannot wound has indeed lost anchorage; he is woefully adrift: he stabs air, which is to stab himself. (10)
- You love ruins, and we are adrift just now. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for adrift. Perhaps also see a sentence for advancing and ways to use admirably in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use adrift in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.