Alighted example sentence. Those in an MBA program, readers, and those who would like to gain additional insight into the meaning of words might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use alighted in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for alighted.
- A bumble-bee alighted and strolled on the crown of his Panama hat. (8)
- All the ladies prattled sweetly of a charming day when they alighted on land. (10)
- And then he hurried Franko along to the bridge, where, behold, the Countess alighted with the gentleman, and walked beside him into the gardens. (10)
- Beauchamp alighted, burning with his unutterable questions concerning that glove. (10)
- Both gentlemen raised their hats to the ladies, who alighted as soon as they had gone in the direction of the Vintschgau road. (10)
- Courtier alighted, and went towards her to say good-bye. (8)
- He alighted, and together with the footman, examined the place to see what the chance was of their getting the carriage past. (10)
- He alighted, bidding one of his grooms drive to stables. (10)
- He drove to the mine buildings, alighted, and climbed to the shaft head. (8)
- Safely alighted, she waved her pocket-handkerchief afresh. (10)
- She alighted at the principal inn, and was there informed that the packetboat, with a favouring breeze and tide, had started ten minutes earlier. (10)
- Waddy welcomed us when we alighted. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for alighted. Perhaps also see a sentence for adventurous and ways to use aloft in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use alighted in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.