Amiss sentence. Students, professors, and those taking online classes might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use amiss in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for amiss.
- At the close he would speak to his friend and lead him out to supper as if he had not seen or heard anything amiss. (9)
- But when did she judge amiss? (4)
- He did not appear in spirits: something unconnected with her was probably amiss. (4)
- He hurried on to the house to dress in time for dinner, and show all that nothing was amiss. (8)
- Her pride prevented the world from guessing that there was anything amiss. (8)
- I could hardly have shot more amiss. (2)
- I think it does not look amiss; the sleeves were entirely my own thought. (4)
- I would write to him myself, but have mislaid his direction; and, as I hinted above, am afraid he took something in my conduct amiss. (4)
- If he cannot rely on definite values of property, his compass is amiss; he is adrift upon bitter waters without a helm. (8)
- Nothing came amiss to it, everything was fuel; fibs, evasions, the serene battalions of white lies parallel on the march with dainty rogue falsehoods. (10)
- Nothing seemed amiss on the side of the Great House family, which was generally, as Anne very well knew, the least to blame. (4)
- Stormed by an attack of his cacoethes scribendi, after those few blank days at Becket, Felix saw nothing amiss with his young daughter. (8)
- Your friend will not take it amiss I hope. (4)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for amiss. Perhaps also see a sentence for abundance and ways to use amusement in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use amiss in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.