Assailed example sentences. University students, spelling bee organizers, and people who just like words might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use assailed in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for assailed.
- And he seemed to know it, and therefore assailed them, never trying at the heart. (10)
- And the memory assailed him of how, four years ago, she had defeated double pneumonia without having a doctor, simply by lying on her back. (8)
- But he had no sooner entered the next bend of that obscure and winding avenue than the most lamentable, lusty cries assailed him. (8)
- He depended entirely on his agility to elude the thrusts that assailed him. (10)
- He seemed assailed by four or five skilful marksmen, whose missiles all told. (9)
- Her attitude continuing unchanged, he became sensible of a monotony in the speech with which he assailed it, and he rose to leave, not dissatisfied. (10)
- In a moment I was assailed with epithets that . (10)
- Niobe under the shafts of Diana was hardly less violently and mortally assailed. (10)
- She did, most fully; and reflecting how entirely she did so, the thought assailed her: some one must be loving him! (10)
- The same arguments assailed her again; she must go, she should go, and they would not hear of a refusal. (4)
- These two were being marched from the prison to the citadel when Barto Rizzo, who had prepared to storm the building, assailed the troops. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for assailed. Perhaps also see a sentence for admiring and ways to use aspens in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use assailed in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.