A sentence for the word astray. ESL students, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use astray in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for astray.
- He could not, indeed, very easily go astray; the undergrowth on both sides was so thick as to be almost impenetrable. (1)
- He had a sweet Irish lady for his wife, and lost her last year, and has been raging astray politically ever since. (10)
- He set my speculations astray by hinting that the request for the stopping of the case might be a blind. (10)
- Her figure vanished, wavering into the hurly-burly; one of his bags had gone astray, and so all thought of her soon faded from his mind. (8)
- Her friends leading her astray for years! (4)
- In this sudden coming back to the world of men and things he seemed astray. (8)
- On the road again, with a purse just as ill-furnished, and in his breast the light that sometimes leads gentlemen, as well as ladies, astray. (10)
- Or is he to have another chance, to be still looked on as one who has gone a little astray, but who will come back? (8)
- So rank me no hero, fair Mistress Margarita, though the temptation to seem one in such sweet eyes was beginning to lead me astray. (10)
- They are plucked from where nature bade them grow in the wild places, or their own wayward wills led them astray. (9)
- They have been leading her astray for years. (4)
- Two of their trunks had gone astray, and on the night of their arrival the mother was taken violently ill. (9)
- Ulysses, left on Ithaca, and with a mind unsettled by the goddess, was not more pleasantly astray. (2)
- We knew we were astray without speaking of it. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for astray. Perhaps also see a sentence for ascendant and ways to use assure in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use astray in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.