Sentences with averted in them. Writers, readers, & those learning a new language might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use averted in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for averted.
- A youth with reddish hair and a pen in his hand passed through and looked at her with a curious stare immediately averted. (8)
- All the same, the sin and the shame remain, and the averted eye sees them still, with its inward vision. (9)
- Gratian and Noel had mounted the stairs with lips tight set, and eyes averted; both were very pale. (8)
- Had I been stronger, I might have saved, or averted . (10)
- He felt that now, by keeping his gaze averted, he would be able to retreat. (1)
- He had misinterpreted the feelings which had kept her face averted, and her tongue motionless. (4)
- He sat down by the window with his eyes care fully averted, and spoke in soft tones broken by something that sounded like emotion. (8)
- He sat watching her averted face. (9)
- Her face was averted from those who had made the attack, and turned towards her aunt. (4)
- I was truly sorry for her; I could read in the pensive droop of her averted face that I was again a disappointment. (9)
- If any danger threatened, my shot averted it; that is what I was there to do. (1)
- She faltered a moment at sight of him, and then kept on with averted face. (9)
- The knowledge was at once so sweet, and so disturbing, that she sat with face averted, unable to turn the precious minutes to account. (8)
- The old face looked worn and hollow again; the eyes were steadily averted. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for averted. Perhaps also see a sentence for animosity and ways to use avowed in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use averted in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.