A sentence for the word backwater. ESL students, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use backwater in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for backwater.
- A dead backwater of a place. (8)
- All was still and drowsy out there in that quiet backwater of a street. (8)
- But they would not stay in that dark backwater. (8)
- Coming back, no one would see her landing; for it would be pitch dark in the backwater. (8)
- He came to the island, and let his boat slide into the backwater. (8)
- He passed the dove-cot at last, and kept on till he could round into the backwater and steal up under cover to the poplar. (8)
- Not on this dim bank, in this hideous backwater, with that dark dumb creature who had destroyed her! (8)
- Passing the more feverish parts of the City toward the most perfect backwater in London, he ruminated. (8)
- The room faced the backwater of traffic, and was very silent. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for backwater. Perhaps also see a sentence for brevity and ways to use bar in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use backwater in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.