Bleak in a sample sentence. University students, word game players, and those taking online classes may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use bleak in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for bleak.
- Bleak and dark the January night; little sound of traffic; a frost coming; bare trees; a star or two. (8)
- Hilary shut the door, but the cold spirit of that shower had already slipped into the bleak, narrow house. (8)
- It was a clear, bright day, with a bleak wind driving showers before it. (8)
- Nor was I deceived, for I was now done with rains and winds and a bleak country. (2)
- Producing her card, she was passed from hand to hand till she rested in a small bleak apartment where a young woman was typing fast. (8)
- She saw it in bleak squares, and snuggled him between dangers weathered and dangers apprehended. (10)
- She, who was the very spirit of this flying, nymph-like summer, was untimely wintered-up in bleak sorrow. (8)
- The Spring wind was ruffling straw and little bits of paper in the gutters; under the bright sunlight a bleak and bitter struggle seemed raging. (8)
- The delicate die early, and I, as a survivor, among bleak winds and plumping rain, have been sometimes tempted to envy them their fate. (2)
- The horses flung up their heads, and the bleak pass with its circling crown of jagged peaks soon slipped away. (8)
- The prospect was bleak. (10)
- There was no visible tremor of the blade; the ray of bleak skylight that it reflected was steady and true. (1)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for bleak. Perhaps also see a sentence for behind and ways to use blocks in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use bleak in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.