A sentence for the word contended. ESL students, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use contended in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for contended.
- But that, he contended, was not the word; and the word was undiscoverable. (10)
- Goren contended that to cut was not the key of the science: but to find a Balance was. (10)
- He contended that the best English was spoken there; and so it was, when he spoke it. (9)
- He was in the habit of uttering his calculations half aloud, wherein the prophetic doubts of experience, and the succulent insinuations of appetite, contended hotly. (10)
- London, they contended, could not further be put off, and would come, especially now that the season was dying. (10)
- The companies defendant had contended that the recourse of the property-owners was against, not them, but the owner of the cow. (7)
- The weighty and the trivial contended; no fitting message could be thought of. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for contended. Perhaps also see a sentence for corners and ways to use confused in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use contended in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.