Use the word coughed in a sentence. ESL students, professors, and those who would like to gain additional insight into the meaning of words might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use coughed in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for coughed.
- But Clotilde had coughed in the damp morning air, and it would, he urged, be dangerous for her to be exposed to it. (10)
- Carthew coughed and retired. (10)
- Folding his arms, he coughed, for he was thinking of the chaff-cutter. (8)
- I coughed and scraped the gravel; quite in vain; he tapped for more and more. (10)
- Maynard looked up with interest, but, shaking her head, coughed for no. (9)
- Maynard sat in the sun on the seaward-looking piazza of the hotel, and coughed in the warm air. (9)
- Pole coughed and blinked. (10)
- Pole gazed at him, and coughed slowly. (10)
- The People coughed like a man of two minds, doubting whether he has been divinely inspired or has cut a ridiculous figure. (10)
- The brother did not speak; he coughed vaguely, and let his head sink forward. (9)
- The young man coughed. (8)
- Then she planted herself still more firmly on her seat, and, instead of uttering a friendly greeting, coughed and muttered a few unintelligible words. (5)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for coughed. Perhaps also see a sentence for counsel and ways to use corners in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use coughed in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.