Defeated example sentences. English majors, professors, and people who just like words might especially like this page. The lines of text below use defeated in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for defeated.
- And the memory assailed him of how, four years ago, she had defeated double pneumonia without having a doctor, simply by lying on her back. (8)
- Brinkley addressed the defeated group, of whom her husband was one, as they came up the beach toward the wagons. (9)
- But he had a certain low cunning, which had defeated many ailments, and his reputation for assisting people into the world stood extremely high. (8)
- But to hang round here in this plebeian abeyance, and then to be defeated and defrauded at last! (9)
- Doria might have been defeated. (10)
- Gladstone has not been defeated. (10)
- Hillard, now a faded reputation, and even then a life defeated of the high expectation of its youth. (9)
- His honourable surrender of her defeated purse was a subject for gentle humour with her, venturesome compliment with him. (10)
- It need scarcely be told that his wife, fortified by the fervid brewer, defeated him utterly. (10)
- No sooner was one woman defeated than another took the field! (10)
- Perhaps he was not clear; it was a piece of skiamachy, difficult to render clear to the defeated. (10)
- Pericles defeated her by constantly sending to her for advice concerning the economies of the feast. (10)
- These men were defeated, beaten, cowed. (7)
- Think ye a hero is one to be defeated in his first battle? (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for defeated. Perhaps also see a sentence for defiantly and ways to use despicable in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use defeated in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.