Use defensive in a sentence. College students, teachers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use defensive in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for defensive.
- A kind of defensive irony welled up in him. (8)
- It was that tolerance of his, and possibly his scepticism, which ever made his relations towards June so queerly defensive. (8)
- Men who have yielded it are like cavalry put on the defensive; a very small force with an ictus will scatter them. (10)
- Mutually timid, they were of course formally polite, and no plain speaking could have told one another more distinctly that each was defensive. (10)
- Our modern system of combating her is too long defensive, and carried on too ploddingly with concrete engines of war in the attack. (10)
- Pericles was either hopeless of protecting himself from such shrewd assailants, or indifferent to their attacks, for all his defensive measures were against the cold. (10)
- The defensive is perilous policy in war. (10)
- The colonel retreated to one of his defensive corners. (10)
- Twice she went over the lines with this defensive accompaniment; then they laid octopus-limbs on her. (10)
- You have to be on the defensive from that moment. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for defensive. Perhaps also see a sentence for decanter and ways to use decide in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use defensive in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.