Defy sentence. Journalists, professors, and those who would like to gain additional insight into the meaning of words may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use defy in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for defy.
- At this she gasped; she had risen her breath to deny or defy, and hung on the top of it without a voice. (10)
- Between you, I defy the Court to rival you. (10)
- But I defy you to keep this from the Press, major domo: This is the most significant thing that has happened in our time. (8)
- He longed for the hour of his next dose, and for a caricature to follow, that he might drink and defy it. (10)
- His dinner had prepared this young Englishman to defy the whole artillery of established morals. (10)
- How much more reprehensible, then, was one that could bring himself to defy a fellow-creature to mortal combat! (10)
- I defy any one to hit on the cause of their changes. (10)
- I defy any one to know them! (8)
- I defy any one to see a way out of it. (8)
- I defy any other county in the kingdom to produce one fresh and living to equal it. (10)
- I defy you to make me ridiculous. (8)
- It seemed to defy the fact itself. (10)
- They did not entreat or defy. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for defy. Perhaps also see a sentence for dawn and ways to use detachment in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use defy in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.