Dipped example sentence. Journalists, word game players, and people looking to increase their vocabulary might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use dipped in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for dipped.
- Again and again he bit the slice, then almost threw it from him, and dipped his fingers in a bowl. (8)
- He dipped his sculls, the ripples started out and swam in grave diminuendo till they touched the banks. (8)
- He dipped under the iron rail, and crossed the row at a run; an indecorous proceeding; he could not help it. (10)
- He leaned over it, and thrice waywardly dipped his hand in the clear translucence. (10)
- His pencil was dipped in moral gloom, but even to the odious Cockney scoundrel, Huish, his Shakespearian tolerance accorded the virtue of indomitable courage. (2)
- Sarelli, who sat on her right hand, seemed to partake of little except olives, which he dipped into a glass of sherry. (8)
- She waded, she dipped; a head across the breast of the waters was observed: this one of them could swim. (10)
- The little model dipped her pen in ink. (8)
- The meadows dipped to a brook, slenderly spanned by a plank. (10)
- The second crops of clover were already high; in them humblebees were hard at work; and, above, the white-throated swallows dipped and soared. (8)
- The sun had dipped behind the mountains when the little train steamed down the valley. (8)
- The trees gave their swish of leaves, the river darkened the patch of wrinkles, the bordering flags amid the reed-blades dipped and streamed. (10)
- The two bathers dipped over an undulation. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for dipped. Perhaps also see a sentence for delicate and ways to use disabled in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use dipped in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.