Drift example sentences. Those in an MBA program, people who enjoy word games, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use drift in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for drift.
- But as it was, he could only drift, and let all other things take their course. (9)
- But beneath all is still the strong drift of a genuine emotion, a sympathy, deep and sincere, with the poor, the lowly, the unfortunate. (9)
- But she did not know how to do what she knew she ought to do about Penelope, and she let matters drift. (9)
- I am not one of those who let things drift. (8)
- Or was it that they were unconscious of struggle or of self-respect, and just let things drift? (8)
- Ripton nodded encouragingly at every sentence, for he saw her drift, and wished to second it. (10)
- The drift of it was totally obscure. (10)
- Then he shouted to a boat-load of sailors who had beached their craft while they gathered some drift for their galley fire. (9)
- Though the word jealousy had not been spoken, the drift of her observations was clear. (10)
- To drift on the breath of that noise, homeless! (8)
- We are five members of this Board; if we were four against it, why did we let it drift till it came to this? (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for drift. Perhaps also see a sentence for defending and ways to use dream in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use drift in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.