Drowsy in a sample sentence. ESL students, word game players, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English might especially like this page. The lines of text below use drowsy in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for drowsy.
- A drowsy beatitude pervaded the old man. (8)
- A fly settled on his hair, his breathing sounded heavy in the drowsy silence, his upper lip under the white moustache puffed in and out. (8)
- After these long prayers she would feel calmed, drowsy, as though she had taken a drug. (8)
- All was still and drowsy out there in that quiet backwater of a street. (8)
- Carinthia rebuked her drowsy head for not having seen his reason for refusing at the time. (10)
- Deadly drowsy, the dear little fellow sat on the edge of my bed chattering of his wonder. (10)
- Drowsy, too, drowsy and drugged on honey and happiness; as his heart was drugged and drowsy. (8)
- He was as a sleepy lion cased in his mane; as an owl drowsy in the daylight. (10)
- In the drowsy, almost empty room the only sounds were the rustle of newspapers, the scraping of matches being struck. (8)
- It seemed to be sleeping, so delicate and drowsy, having come in from the breathless dark, thinking, perhaps, that her whiteness was a light. (8)
- She had begun to feel drowsy, and closed her eyes. (8)
- She slept unevenly at night, was drowsy by day, unless the open air was about her, or animating friends. (10)
- The air was drowsy with hum and scent. (8)
- The smoke of their pipes, the sleepy air, the warmth from the baked ground, the constant hum, made Shelton drowsy. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for drowsy. Perhaps also see a sentence for depart and ways to use drowning in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use drowsy in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.