Use the word edged in a sentence. English majors, readers, and those taking online classes might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use edged in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for edged.
- By morning we had edged along a good way and thrown up rude intrenchments at a little distance from the road, on the threatened side. (7)
- Close to that lighthouse the old butler edged his way. (8)
- For one sharp instant her face was all edged and puckered, like the face of a fair witch. (10)
- Freed from restraint, the boat edged out towards the current. (8)
- He rose, and edged his way furtively towards the doorway. (8)
- Italians edged away from him. (10)
- Once some people who stood near him edged suddenly and fearfully away, and then he suspected himself of having laughed outright. (9)
- She was tipped and edged with shining brass, without and within, and was red-carpeted and white-painted as only a ship knows how to be. (9)
- Sylvia was sitting on the fender, gazing at the fire, and she edged along so as to rest against his knees. (8)
- The newcomers edged their way forward and looked over the shoulders of those in the front rank. (1)
- The strong old Eastern blood put ruddy flame for the red colour; tawny olive edged from the red; rare vivid yellow, all but amber. (10)
- The upper sky swam with violet; and in a moment each stray cloud-feather was edged with rose, and then suffused. (10)
- The woman here edged so close that he bolted across her in affright, and began to slant back towards the opposite side of the street. (8)
- Tom edged his master out of hearing, and began sputtering a laugh. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for edged. Perhaps also see a sentence for excuseable and ways to use edinburgh in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use edged in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.