Use elms in a sentence. Journalists, readers, & those learning a new language may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use elms in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for elms.
- After a certain time they went for a walk in the warm summer moonlight under the elms, where they had met on the avenue. (9)
- All day long the road had lain through pastureland, with thick green hedges and heavily feathered elms. (8)
- And under that sunlight faring on the elms, hazels, hollies of the lane and those unexploited fields, Soames felt dread. (8)
- Back to peace and sanity in the shade of the elms! (8)
- Behind each dwelling is a billowy mass of orchard, and before it the Gothic archway of the elms stretches above the quiet street. (9)
- Do not again wound my Sensibility by observations on those elms. (4)
- He stayed a long time staring at the elms, asking himself what he had done and what he ought to do. (8)
- It was beautiful there, too, with the bright open fields hedged with great elms, and that ever-rich serenity of its grass and trees. (8)
- Lofty elms drooped at the corners of the house; on the lawn billowed clumps of the lilac, which formed a thick hedge along the fence. (9)
- Shelton was left with Antonia underneath the elms. (8)
- Thyme and Martin were sitting on a seat beneath the largest of all the elms. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for elms. Perhaps also see a sentence for effaced and ways to use election in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use elms in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.