How to use excepting in a sentence. Writers, people who enjoy word games, and people who just like words might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use excepting in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for excepting.
- All the gentlemen were against him, excepting perhaps that chattering pie Lord Palmet, who did him more mischief than his enemies. (10)
- Before night the house was empty of any members of the family excepting old Lady Dacier and the outstretched figure on the bed. (10)
- Excepting Willoughby, Colonel De Craye was the last person she would have wished to encounter. (10)
- Excepting an extreme and terrorizing paleness, there was little to fever me with the thought that she suffered mortally. (10)
- Excepting by Cecilia, the earl was coldly received. (10)
- Excepting the group of four at the centre of the bridge, not a man moved. (1)
- Excepting yourself and your brother, I do not know his equal for temper. (4)
- Her solitude, excepting the hours of sleep, if then, was a time of irregular breathing. (10)
- I went home, somewhat disturbed in mind, half doubting that I had heard or seen any living thing excepting the lizards. (1)
- It is the sweet sovereign Pontiff alone who gathers all in his arms, not excepting tailors. (10)
- My behaviour, during the very happy fortnight which I spent with you, did not, I hope, lay me open to reprehension, excepting on one point. (4)
- Was there one of the family, excepting Edmund, who had not in some way or other continually exercised her patience and forbearance? (4)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for excepting. Perhaps also see a sentence for entered and ways to use examining in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use excepting in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.