How do you use extinct in a sentence. University students, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use extinct in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for extinct.
- And he would sit for long spells brooding, his paper unread before him, a cigar extinct between his lips. (8)
- But Summerhay still stood, not taking in at all the reflected image of his frowning, rueful face, and of the cigar extinct between his lips. (8)
- Crackers and Coons alike are long extinct, and these are their successors. (7)
- He was learning the trick from this other one, who had become obscured and diminished, tainted, to the thought of her; yet not extinct. (10)
- The former had long been conquering, but the latter were far from extinct. (10)
- The hope of seeing Diana had abandoned him, the desire was almost extinct. (10)
- The taste had gone, the desire of the vengeance was extinct, personal gratification could not exist. (10)
- They were types of a class now, I fear, almost extinct. (7)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for extinct. Perhaps also see a sentence for engines and ways to use expedient in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use extinct in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.