Sentences for flitting. Journalists, people who enjoy word games, & those learning a new language may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use flitting in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for flitting.
- A brisk renewal of the firing broke out and stray bullets came flitting and droning by. (1)
- And already he had swept his hand across the invisible strings, for there had arisen, the music of uncurling leaves and flitting things. (8)
- And the scent of leather came to her now as poignantly as if she were once more flitting about noiselessly on her business of nursing. (8)
- But it was a flitting moment. (10)
- But the butcher was flitting, and all his beds were taken down. (2)
- Hilary, beneath the acacia-tree not yet in bloom, marked an early butterfly flitting over the geraniums blossoming round an old sundial. (8)
- Lespel, who returned a flitting shrug. (10)
- The bright river, and their boat grounded on the shallows, and the swallows flitting over them. (8)
- These disharmonic shadows flitting in the room made a stir like the rubbing of dry straw or the hum of bees among clover stalks. (8)
- Were we, then, to be haunted by those bewildering uncanny ones, flitting past ever from the same direction? (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for flitting. Perhaps also see a sentence for fairest and ways to use flickered in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use flitting in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.