Examples of foliage sentences. ESL students, professors, and people looking to increase their vocabulary might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use foliage in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for foliage.
- A holm oak tree shaded one corner, and its thick dark foliage gave an unexpected depth to the green smoothness of the scene. (8)
- Groves of young pomegranate and myrtletrees, with vigorous shoots, stood forth in strong relief against the silvery gray-green foliage of the gnarled olive-trees. (5)
- He turned his head neither to the right nor to the left, and disappeared in a few strides among the foliage. (2)
- I lay, under a crimson maple, and I remember how the light struck through it and flushed the print with the gules of the foliage. (9)
- Many had been cut clean off and their masses of foliage seriously impeded the progress of the troops. (7)
- On the other side of the valley a group of red roofs and a belfry showed among the foliage. (2)
- The June foliage made one long colonnade, broken by a winding river of sky. (8)
- The air here had a sweetish, earthy odour of too rank foliage; all brightness seemed entombed. (8)
- The branches of the trees dropped motionless across the road without the smallest stir of foliage. (8)
- The carpentry of that city, embanked and embowered in foliage, shared the picturesqueness of Charlestown in the distance. (9)
- The lamplight dappled through the tired foliage on to these benches which have rested many vagrants. (8)
- The low moon burnt through the foliage. (10)
- There he had stopped, in the pitch darkness of that foliage. (8)
- There was the little river within twenty yards, its clear dark water running between thick foliage. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for foliage. Perhaps also see a sentence for footsteps and ways to use forty in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use foliage in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.