How do you use foothold in a sentence. University students, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use foothold in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for foothold.
- A landscape that is all trees and undergrowth, moreover, lacks definition, is confused and without accentuated points upon which attention can gain a foothold. (1)
- Dropping to the road, he had better foothold than on the slippery field-path, and he ran. (10)
- I thought neither of winning her, nor of aiming to win her, but of a foothold on the heights she gazed at reverently. (10)
- Laughter, with so much to arouse it, hardly had any foothold within me to stir my wits. (10)
- Lavender had reached out too far, and losing foothold on his polished bedroom floor, was slipping down into the lilac-bush. (8)
- No man has a firm foothold who pretends to it. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for foothold. Perhaps also see a sentence for fit and ways to use foggy in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use foothold in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.