How do you use foretold in a sentence. University students, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use foretold in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for foretold.
- A bright morning so early in the year, she allowed, would generally turn to rain, but a cloudy one foretold improvement as the day advanced. (4)
- At least, Countess Livia could declare subsequently she had foretold it and warned her cousin. (10)
- At this Andrew, coming from a private interview with Evan, threw up his hands and eyes as one who foretold astonishment but counselled humility. (10)
- Both had anticipated and foretold a bit of rain before night, and therefore both welcomed the wet with satisfaction. (10)
- But he had certainly not foretold the crisis of yesterday evening. (8)
- But the workmen at Lakelands declared that he had foretold it. (10)
- Crawford had, as he foretold, been very punctual, and short and pleasant had been the meal. (4)
- He dies respectably in a marriage-bed, which is more than I should have foretold of the monster. (10)
- Her letter was scarcely finished, when a rap foretold a visitor, and Colonel Brandon was announced. (4)
- March continued South-westerly and grew rainier, as Redworth had foretold, bidding them look for gales and storm, and then the change of wind. (10)
- My meeting him was foretold. (10)
- Several of them fluttered up to the desk, as the clerk had foretold, and looked for letters in the boxes bearing their initials. (9)
- She foretold the failure. (10)
- So it is good at all points to prophecy with the aspect of the radiant day foretold. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for foretold. Perhaps also see a sentence for fit and ways to use foggy in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use foretold in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.