Sentences for fortress. ESL students, professors, and people looking to increase their vocabulary may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use fortress in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for fortress.
- A poor feast, she was yet a fortress, a point of succour, both shield and lance; a cover and an impetus. (10)
- City, fortress, and battle-field resisted as the eddy whirls. (10)
- His home would be a fortress, impregnable to tongues. (10)
- His look of a bygone awake-in-sleep old look, drearily known to her, was like a strip of sunlight on a fortress wall. (10)
- In fact, I was not content to evacuate the fortress, if I were not to march out with all the honours of war. (6)
- In the interval he had stormed her undefended fortress, the cake, from which altitude he shook a dolorous head at the guilty woman. (10)
- It was a most noble face; a fortress face; strong and massive, and honourable in ruin, though stripped of every flower. (10)
- She wore an aspect of the confident fortress, which neither challenges nor cries to treat, but commands respect. (10)
- The storming of the castle was very sincere, and the fortress was honestly defended. (9)
- You never saw a fortress more unprepared for dread assault. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for fortress. Perhaps also see a sentence for furious and ways to use fought in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use fortress in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.