Gaining sentence. Students, professors, and those taking online classes might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use gaining in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for gaining.
- At this time she was gaining her widest reputation for brilliancy of wit. (10)
- Courtly Sir John Loring ran up at once, and gave the diplomatist an opportunity to thank her flatteringly for gaining them two minutes to themselves. (10)
- George saw that he was gaining. (8)
- George some forty paces a-head; Seymour gaining on him, Rose next. (10)
- He had, however, in the contemplation of what he was gaining, fallen into anxiety about what he might be losing. (10)
- I shall be glad to hear from you in the course of a few days whether you have succeeded in gaining any information. (8)
- If there were anyone that one could apply to with a probability of gaining such a clue as that, it might be of essential consequence. (4)
- She wanted to hear of him, when there seemed the least chance of gaining intelligence. (4)
- The belief was gaining ground that he had gone, and that nothing but his ghost would ever sit there again. (10)
- The feeling that, after all, she had won a sort of victory, retained her property, was every moment gaining ground in her. (8)
- The moonlight, gaining pale mastery over the flickering lamp, filled the whole room. (8)
- To rejoice in the gaining of a day, without having clear views of the morrow, is puerile enough. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for gaining. Perhaps also see a sentence for gaped and ways to use gambier in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use gaining in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.