A sentence for the word invent. ESL students, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use invent in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for invent.
- Apparently he decided to chance it in as bitter an answer as he could invent. (9)
- He walked from the railway to Brookfield through the circle of firs, thinking of some serious tale of home to invent for her ears to-morrow. (10)
- He was at a loss what to invent to detain him, beyond the stale fiction that his father was coming to-morrow. (10)
- She had to invent the sequel. (10)
- The deeds of the preceding reign had bequeathed a sort of legendary credence to the wildest tales gossip could invent under a demurrer. (10)
- Thorpe had no business to invent any such message. (4)
- To invent upon nothing is most unpleasant, and the Signor Antonio can soon perceive whether one swims with corks. (10)
- To imagine, invent, and believe, were spontaneous with Beppo when has practical sagacity was not on the stretch. (10)
- We not only practise singing and invent wonderful confectionery, but we do conjuring tricks. (10)
- Wickham should invent such a history of himself as he gave me last night; names, facts, everything mentioned without ceremony. (4)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for invent. Perhaps also see a sentence for interjections and ways to use inquisitor in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use invent in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.