Use the word ironic in a sentence. University students, word game players, and readers might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use ironic in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for ironic.
- And somewhere very far away, it may have been that Justice sat with her ironic smile watching men judge their shadows. (8)
- Even the Caesar-like pale face up there, presiding, seemed in its ironic serenity responding to that current. (8)
- He liked the look of him, but distrusted his ironic expression, and that appearance of blood to the head. (8)
- In spite of his feverish, tenacious energy, in spite of his ironic humour, there was something of the woman in him! (8)
- Lovell into her carriage, an ironic gallantry accepted by the lady with serenity befitting the sacred hour. (10)
- Nothing of the sort inhabited his written words, wherein a strained philosophy and ironic resignation went on stilts. (10)
- Schlesien had his German views, Colney Durance his ironic, Fenellan his fanciful and free-lance. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for ironic. Perhaps also see a sentence for internally and ways to use irritating in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use ironic in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.