A sentence for the word lantern. ESL students, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use lantern in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for lantern.
- And without warning, the lantern flickered and went out. (8)
- Happily for him, philosophy, in the present instance, after a round of profundities, turned her lantern upon the comic aspect of his errand. (10)
- How ridiculous the fellow looked, putting one foot before the other, flirting his lantern and trying the area gates! (8)
- I followed him now across the barrack-yard, as, with my pistol-case under one arm and a lantern in his hand, he proceeded to the barrack-gate. (6)
- I knew well enough where the lantern was, but where were the candles? (2)
- Jean du Gard, and we met no one but a carter, visible afar off by the glint of the moon on his extinguished lantern. (2)
- Like no thing of this world she came, ending her flight, with sail-wings closing and her glowing lantern eyes. (8)
- Raising his lantern, he flashed it into every corner of the garden, searching for those who had been addressed. (8)
- The moon was like a wonderful white lantern in the purple sky; there was but a smoulder of stars. (8)
- The policeman was still standing there holding up his lantern, so that its light fell into the archway, as if trying to read its secret. (8)
- There was a plank laid to the steamer, and a lantern at the other end. (8)
- Voices are heard without, and after a little delay The Porter comes in with a lantern. (9)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for lantern. Perhaps also see a sentence for looking and ways to use lay in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use lantern in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.