Lengthened in a sample sentence. Journalists, teachers, and readers may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use lengthened in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for lengthened.
- And, as if she had been his shadow lengthened out to that far distance, she moved behind him. (8)
- He quoted a distinguished Tory orator, to the effect, that any lengthened term of peace bred maggots in the heads of the people. (10)
- Her wits were too acute, her nature too direct, to permit of a lengthened confusion. (10)
- She was indebted to him for that splendid luxury of indecision, which so few of the maids of earth enjoy for a lengthened term. (10)
- The clustered trees stood like temples of darkness; their shadows lengthened supernaturally; and a pale gloom crept between them on the sward. (10)
- The day my frock was lengthened to a gown I stood at the altar. (10)
- The old man fetched his breath in gasps, which presently smoothed and lengthened into his normal breathing. (9)
- The report from his bedchamber, telling the ladies of his absence, added that he had taken linen for a lengthened journey. (10)
- The visit of the Miss Steeles at Barton Park was lengthened far beyond what the first invitation implied. (4)
- Their spirits partly succumbed to him by a process too lengthened to explain here. (10)
- They recognized, too well, how a certain kind of conscience would appreciate this rumour; and how the puritans would lick their lengthened chops. (8)
- They were silent for a lengthened period. (10)
- We are precipitated both by the aim and the tedium of the lengthened voyage to insist that they be seen. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for lengthened. Perhaps also see a sentence for leagues and ways to use leaping in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use lengthened in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.