Licking sentence example. University students, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use licking in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for licking.
- And they again stood in silence broken only by the sound of the cat licking its paws. (8)
- He grew aware that the little thing he carried in his breast was licking his hand there. (10)
- He passed without seeing us, licking his lean chops. (8)
- I venture to say that the power to take a licking is better worth having than the power to administer one. (10)
- She seemed to be licking the money up, she bent over it so greedily. (10)
- The man next him was licking his two first fingers, as if he might be going to bowl at cricket. (8)
- Those sinister tongues were licking at the air over a large barn, some ricks, and the roofs of stables and outbuildings. (8)
- We English beat the world because we take a licking well. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for licking. Perhaps also see a sentence for low and ways to use livery in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use licking in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.