Use the word lid in a sentence. English majors, readers, and those taking online classes might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use lid in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for lid.
- Down went the lid of the desk. (10)
- Gilson, the lid of which was awry, half disclosing the uncertain interior. (1)
- It transformed the face that his imagination had created behind the coffin lid; the contrast became a resemblance; the resemblance grew to identity. (1)
- Mulbridge, opening the lid of the coffee-pot, and clapping it to with force, after a glance inside. (9)
- One of the papers had slipped through the crevice of the lid, and lay upon the floor. (9)
- Rose and Thorn, she lowered the bureau lid and left the room. (8)
- The heart of that lad doth so boil the brain of him, he can scarcely keep the lid on. (10)
- The scarred face behind the lid would slay him through the wood. (1)
- Thompson marched to it, and held the lid aloft. (10)
- Why could not she and Stephen keep that lid on, too? (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for lid. Perhaps also see a sentence for loosely and ways to use liberties in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use lid in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.