A sentence for the word likened. English majors, spelling bee organizers, and readers may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use likened in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for likened.
- Clotilde likened his appearance to a strangled roar. (10)
- He contemplated it placably and studiously, perhaps because the shower-folding armies of the fields above likened its shadowed stillness to that of his Irish home. (10)
- If Life is likened to the comedy of Moliere, there is no scandal in the comparison. (10)
- Insensibility to Satire, he likened to the hard-mouthed horse; which is doomed to the worser thing in consequence. (10)
- She likened it to a coarse-featured country wench, whose cleaning and decorating of her countenance makes complexion grin and ruggedness yawn. (10)
- She likened it to that of the corpse underground, and shrank distastefully. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for likened. Perhaps also see a sentence for loitered and ways to use lit in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use likened in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.