Sentences with lilac. English majors, teachers, and readers may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use lilac in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for lilac.
- A faint smell of lilac recalled the country and old days, and some church bells began ringing. (10)
- A regiment was passing in the road; she stood half-hidden amongst the lilac bushes watching. (8)
- And presently, looking up from his manuscript, he saw her face still at the railings, peering through a lilac bush. (8)
- Behind the screen of lilac bushes at the gate Bianca saw the dark helmet of a policeman. (8)
- His wife had followed him out under the porch, and stood bracing her supple body clothed in lilac linen. (8)
- However lovely the night, however sweet the lilac smelt-that never stopped! (8)
- I have not worn lilac since I saw you last. (10)
- In a lilac sunbonnet she was bending over the perambulator. (8)
- Lofty elms drooped at the corners of the house; on the lawn billowed clumps of the lilac, which formed a thick hedge along the fence. (9)
- Now, at the end of July, despite its northern and eastern aspects, a warm and slumberous air came in between the long-faded lilac linen curtains. (8)
- The lilac bushes, not yet in flower, were giving forth spicy fragrance. (8)
- The dog, the bird, the lilac, all were part of Fleur for him; no more, no less. (8)
- The moonless night; like a dark bird, had nested in the garden; the sighing of the lilac bushes was the only sound. (8)
- There it was, nineteen, in white figures on the leaf-green railings, under the small green lilac buds; yes, and their almond-blossom was out, too! (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for lilac. Perhaps also see a sentence for likely and ways to use listeners in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use lilac in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.