Sentences using the word matches. Journalists, professors, & those learning a new language might especially like this page. The lines of text below use matches in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for matches.
- A handkerchief, a pen, a pencil, a pipe and tobacco, matches, and some ten francs of change: that was all. (2)
- Etienne in search of work, and that in his spare moments he followed the fatal calling of a maker of matches. (2)
- If matches are made in heaven, I believe some of them are unmade there too. (9)
- In the drowsy, almost empty room the only sounds were the rustle of newspapers, the scraping of matches being struck. (8)
- She knelt, handling paper, firewood and matches, like a housemaid. (10)
- They were to learn together, play together, have matches together, as a scheme for stopping the mischief between them. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for matches. Perhaps also see a sentence for mel and ways to use marsett in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use matches in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.