A sentence for the word maternal. ESL students, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use maternal in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for maternal.
- For our world is all but a sensational world at present, in maternal travail of a soberer, a braver, a brighter-eyed. (10)
- He thought her to blame for not commanding herself for the sake of her maternal duties. (10)
- Her heart had almost forgotten its maternal functions. (10)
- I had guessed but hastily at the subject of their conversation until they mentioned the Billings, the family of my maternal grandmother. (10)
- In every argument with her mother, Susan had in point of reason the advantage, and never was there any maternal tenderness to buy her off. (4)
- It was a vague maternal feeling, an instinctive fear. (8)
- Markland, a maternal aunt of Constance, who kept house for them. (10)
- My maternal uncle was a singing-master and master of elocution. (10)
- Oh, what an answer to that letter of fervid respectfulness, of innocent supplication for maternal affection, for some degree of benignant friendship! (10)
- She saw with maternal complacency all the impertinent encroachments and mischievous tricks to which her cousins submitted. (4)
- The maternal eyes narrowed on him. (10)
- The consolation she arrived at was to feel maternal. (10)
- Thus gently does a maternal Old England let them down. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for maternal. Perhaps also see a sentence for moony and ways to use mary in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use maternal in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.