How do you use merited in a sentence. English majors, word game players, and people looking to increase their vocabulary might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use merited in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for merited.
- For, though your accusations were ill-founded, formed on mistaken premises, my behaviour to you at the time had merited the severest reproof. (4)
- He of all men required a devoted mate, merited her. (10)
- He pursued her anxiously, politely, and at the head of her corridor took leave of her with a distinct sense of having merited his dismissal. (9)
- Her gaze was met by nothing like the brilliant counterpart she merited. (10)
- I fell in love with Pope, whose life I read with an ardor of sympathy which I am afraid he hardly merited. (9)
- It is more than I have merited. (10)
- It was at once attractive and refined, and he credited Beaton with quite all he merited in working it over to the actual shape. (9)
- Our aristocracy, brilliant and ancient though it was, merited rebuke. (10)
- She merited the distinction by the art which still lingered, deeply embedded in her massive balk, but never wholly obscured. (9)
- The shattering blow was merited by one who could not rejoice that he had acted rightly. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for merited. Perhaps also see a sentence for menaces and ways to use measuring in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use merited in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.