A sentence for the word metropolis. University students, readers, and readers might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use metropolis in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for metropolis.
- Gangs from the metropolis found him too determined and alert for their sport. (10)
- In this sense Niagara deserves almost to rank with Rome, the metropolis of history and religion; with Venice, the chief city of sentiment and fantasy. (9)
- Pendyce, kept up with all that was going forward by visiting the Metropolis six or seven or even eight times a year. (8)
- Ponkwasset Falls is bad enough in the winter, and compared to this region Ponkwasset Falls is a metropolis. (9)
- Strange was the position of this little Catholic metropolis, a thimbleful of Rome, in such a wild and contrary neighbourhood. (2)
- The ancient and famous metropolis of the North sits overlooking a windy estuary from the slope and summit of three hills. (2)
- To have so near to the metropolis one from the centre of the venerable rotundity of the country, was rare. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for metropolis. Perhaps also see a sentence for monument and ways to use menacing in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use metropolis in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.