Examples of nails sentences. ESL students, professors, and people looking to increase their vocabulary might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use nails in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for nails.
- A man may have his leg broken, then his nails pulled out, then be seared with a hot iron. (7)
- Above the bed a sword in a leather sheath was suspended from two nails. (8)
- Along the outer edges of the coffin, at long intervals, were rust-eaten heads of nails. (1)
- Clothes and garments were hanging on nails, pans lay about the hearth, a sewing-machine stood on a bare deal table. (8)
- He expected to see the bleeding marks of her nails on his cheeks, but he could see nothing. (9)
- Her thumb nails sought the edge of the flap on either side. (8)
- His hands are clean, his nails well kept. (1)
- Man could not be more guiltless, yet her look had perturbed him; nails conspired; in his vexation, he execrated tobacco. (10)
- Then he sat lost in thought, and bit his nails, for the sake of having something to chew. (5)
- Thereupon followed a soft discussion that was as near being acerb as nails are near velvet paws. (10)
- Though his clothes were now so nice, his nails were not quite clean, and his fingertips seemed yellow to the bone. (8)
- To get a divorce, Vigil, you must be as hard as nails and as wary as a cat. (8)
- Warwick would sit with him for an hour one night before the nails were knocked in his coffin. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for nails. Perhaps also see a sentence for nod and ways to use nailed in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use nails in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.