Sentences using the word overcame. Journalists, spelling bee organizers, and people who just like words might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use overcame in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for overcame.
- A deep blood-crimson overcame the rouge, and gave her a terrible stormy look. (10)
- About half-an-hour after, on the road, a gradual dumb chuckle overcame his lower features. (10)
- Amble; prudence, however, overcame it. (10)
- And the longing to rush up and down the platform almost overcame her; but still she waited. (8)
- Dense gloom overcame him like a cowl. (10)
- He strove against it; and as his nature ever unconsciously rejected that which it could not with safety accept, so gradually he overcame this fear. (8)
- He, who had always inspired in herself a respect which almost overcame her affection, she now saw the object of open pleasantry. (4)
- It burned steadily; and the thought of Pericles supporting patience quite overcame her. (10)
- Once more the comparison overcame him. (10)
- Reason and cold together overcame his illogical scruples to lie down on that bed soliciting the sleep desired. (10)
- The morning air overcame with its sweetness the natural odor of that small room, and a bird or two went flirting past. (8)
- Then his heart gave a nasty jump; and a quaking sensation overcame him. (8)
- Victor overcame the Pessimist in his own royal cranium-Court. (10)
- When that was done, his whole soul melted with pity and swelled with sorrow, and ere he could meet her eyes a swoon overcame him. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for overcame. Perhaps also see a sentence for olives and ways to use overtaken in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use overcame in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.