Pelted sentence example. University students, professors, and readers might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use pelted in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for pelted.
- He pelted himself with epithets; his worst enemies could not have been handier in using them. (10)
- Her people had some quarrel with the Durstan villagers, and she feared the scandal of being pelted on the way to the church. (10)
- Men thus pelted abandon without protest the hope of retaining a dry particle of clothing on their persons. (10)
- Over the stone of the nearest grave Jeff had shown a face of triumphant derision when he pelted Westover with apples. (9)
- The squire listened like one pelted by a storm, sure of his day to come at the close of the two months. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for pelted. Perhaps also see a sentence for protruding and ways to use peaks in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use pelted in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.