A sentence for the word piteously. University students, readers, and readers might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use piteously in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for piteously.
- A horse, its foreleg splintered by a cannon-shot, lifted its head sidewise from the ground and neighed piteously. (1)
- Her tongue lolled out, she panted piteously, and had no collar. (8)
- Lord and Lady Esquart agreed to anything agreeable to her, after excusing themselves for the necessitated flight, piteously relating the story of their sufferings. (10)
- Meantime, the little animal grunted as piteously as if it noticed that its finery was being stolen and its beauty impaired. (5)
- They must have burned very fiercely; for, while awake at night and in her dreams, she had often heard him wailing and complaining piteously. (5)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for piteously. Perhaps also see a sentence for principal and ways to use piteous in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use piteously in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.