Sentence using the word placid. Students, word game players, and those taking online classes may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use placid in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for placid.
- Allen, with the most placid indifference. (4)
- He knew it well; a common hedgerow weed; but the placid diversion baffled him. (10)
- Her placid observation was directed on the pair then descending the steps. (10)
- If anything, she was admiring the lady; but Rose could be no placid philosophic spectator of what was to her a horrible assumption and hypocrisy. (10)
- James was in excellent spirits, and Isabella most engagingly placid. (4)
- Little Jane was walking demurely, with a placid face. (10)
- Romfrey in the most placid manner took a chair. (10)
- Sockley, who, recovered from her illness, smiled her usual placid welcome to a guest. (10)
- The queen, his companion on this placid journey, had grown to be like him in many ways. (5)
- To these points of interrogation she answered with a placid fall of her eyelids. (10)
- Violetta was abed, and lay fair and placid as a Titian Venus, while Irma sputtered out her tale, with intermittent sobs. (10)
- Yet her kind, colourless face, framed by the white sides of her cap, quickly regained its usual quiet, placid expression. (5)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for placid. Perhaps also see a sentence for philosophy and ways to use pledged in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use placid in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.