Use the word poems in a sentence. University students, word game players, and readers might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use poems in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for poems.
- At least three-fifths of the literature called classic, in all languages, no more lives than the poems and stories that perish monthly in our magazines. (9)
- He could not only play and sing most amusing songs, but he wrote very good poems and painted pictures perhaps not so good. (9)
- He wrote his poems at a heat, and the manuscript which came to me for the magazine was usually the first draft, very little corrected. (9)
- His more serious poems often contain ideas and the expression of moods which he handled better, I think, in his prose. (2)
- I always liked his Venetian pictures, for their poetic, unsentimentalized veracity, and I printed as well as liked many of his poems. (9)
- I intended, while keeping a sleepless eye out for privateers, to write poems. (9)
- I really cannot be plaguing myself for ever with all the new poems and states of the nation that come out. (4)
- I sent off poems and they came back; I offered little translations from the Spanish that nobody wanted. (9)
- Lowell had lately accepted and had begun to print in the Atlantic Monthly five or six poems of mine. (9)
- Pictures, poems, processions, with the Devil downmost! (10)
- There was nothing for it but to call his attention to the resemblance, and I went over to Elmwood with the two poems. (9)
- There were certain poems which could not have been more electly, more exquisitely his, or fashioned with a keener and juster self-criticism. (9)
- Towards the last he no longer sent his poems to the magazines in his own hand; but they were always signed in autograph. (9)
- Without a market for his wares he must perish, or turn to making something that will sell better than pictures, or poems, or statues. (9)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for poems. Perhaps also see a sentence for prizefighter and ways to use pounds in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use poems in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.