Sentences for pointedly. ESL students, professors, and people looking to increase their vocabulary may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use pointedly in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for pointedly.
- He had called in Camden Place; had called a second time, a third; had been pointedly attentive. (4)
- If engaged to a lady, he was not an ardent suitor; nor was he a pointedly complimentary acquaintance. (10)
- Meeting her one evening, ere sweet Italy had exiled herself from the Piazza, he bowed, and stepping to the front of her, bowed pointedly. (10)
- Resentment could not have been more plainly spoken than in a civility to her father, from which she was so pointedly excluded. (4)
- She was there, and seated; neither crying, nor smiling, nor pointedly serious in any way, not conventionally at her ease either. (10)
- So the ladies had often asked of the Unseen in their onward course, if they did not pointedly put the question now. (10)
- The card was pointedly given, and Sir Walter and Elizabeth arose and disappeared. (4)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for pointedly. Perhaps also see a sentence for purification and ways to use popping in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use pointedly in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.