Use the word poised in a sentence. University students, word game players, and readers might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use poised in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for poised.
- He of the grey head poised high has gone. (10)
- Her face was like the aftersunset across a rose-garden, with the wings of an eagle poised outspread on the light. (10)
- John Thresher poised me in the very centre of his gaze. (10)
- Paramor did not smile, and again Shelton had the sense of having knocked up against something poised but firm. (8)
- She paused with the cue poised on the bridge of her slim hand, and shook her crop of short dark chestnut hair. (8)
- That is to be the bird of upper air, poised on his wings. (10)
- The bird flew, and circled, and hung poised a moment, presently descending on the roof of the palace. (10)
- Then came a fresh set, that poised better on the slack-rope of his understanding. (10)
- Walking or standing her figure was firmly poised. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for poised. Perhaps also see a sentence for prizefighter and ways to use pounds in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use poised in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.