A sentence for the word preceded. English majors, spelling bee organizers, and readers may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use preceded in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for preceded.
- A clean-capped maid, brave on the legs, like all he had seen of these people, preceded him at quick march to an upper chamber. (10)
- Bellby entered presently, preceded by his nose, as cheerful as they were glum. (8)
- Hopkins, she slightly preceded Shelton to the house. (8)
- If her mother came before the Captain, his arrival would cover the retreat; if the Captain preceded her, she would not be noticed. (10)
- Innumerable tiny smoke-puffs then preceded a fresh advance of infantry. (10)
- Lady Charlotte preceded him, and she turned, waiting for him to rejoin her. (10)
- My dancer went over as neatly as I had preceded him; and therewith I considered enough was done for vengeance. (10)
- She came last in the little procession, with the elder Mavering, and her husband and Mrs Pasmer preceded her. (9)
- The horses were post; and neither the carriage, nor the livery of the servant who preceded it, were familiar to them. (4)
- This came first preceded by four outriders, and followed by other simple equipages of Bavarian blue, full of highnesses of all grades. (9)
- Yet she succeeded controlling herself, and, without a word reply, preceded the harsh man into the sleeping room and silently, tearlessly, pointed the chest. (5)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for preceded. Perhaps also see a sentence for prevailed and ways to use progress in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use preceded in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.