Pretext sentence. English majors, teachers, & those learning a new language might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use pretext in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for pretext.
- All the Maverings were fond of the theatre, and made any mood the occasion or the pretext of going to the play. (9)
- He brought her a book which they had talked of at their last meeting, but he made no excuse or pretext of it. (9)
- He could still drive up, perhaps, once a week, on the pretext of seeing his man of business. (8)
- He said he would drop in during the afternoon, and I went indoors on the pretext of buying a newspaper. (9)
- Madge conceived a pretext for going into the presence of her mistress, whose attitude was the same as when she first sat in the chair. (10)
- Pasmer instantly threw away all pretext of not having seen. (9)
- She climbed unsuccessfully, it is true; soon despairing and using the effort as a pretext to fall back lower. (10)
- Violetta helped her to her bed-room under the pretext of a desire to hear the contents of the letter. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for pretext. Perhaps also see a sentence for parish and ways to use protruded in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use pretext in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.